We admit it. We love giving and receiving gifts from our loved ones at this time of year. "Of course you do!" we can almost hear you eye roll, and we understand your cynicism. Yes, we are a retail business. But, The V Spot is our vehicle to drive change in buying habits and do some philanthropic good along the way. We do not encourage mindless spending - we believe that when you have to buy, buy better and so we've assembled our Ethical Christmas Gift Guide 2019.
Think better quality so it lasts longer; better working conditions for the makers; better production processes that are natural, sustainable and renewable; and better in being cruelty-free with no animals harmed. Thoughtful gifts, inline with values important to your gift-ee are welcomed and cherished. And shows how much you know the person. If gifting isn't your thing, we understand. But thanks for stopping by all the same!
With Christmas being only 10 days out (as of writing this post) we've put together our Ethical Christmas Gift Guide 2019, our top picks to hopefully give you some inspiration. Everything in our store is vegan, cruelty-free, sweatshop free and supportive of small business and independent makers which takes out the guess work.
If you have any questions you can jump on LiveChat through the website, FB Messenger (thevspotaus), email (email@example.com) or even text us +61-412-325-996. We'll get to you as soon as we can. Always love hearing from our customers. We gain so much inspiration knowing you're out there.
Kids/Teens and Young at Heart
Everyone will love these gift ideas all under $30!
- Crazy Rumors Lip Balms ($4.99 - $18.99) - lip balms are life. Necessary little tubes of lip moisture in a flavour for everyone. No drying petroleum (yuk!). Just plant based oils, waxes and natural flavouring elements
- Hot Buns Are Ready Tea Towel ($24.95) - tea towels are no longer lame thanks to BlueQ's fresh take on life. Cooking teens will love this and any other of their sardonic designs. Check them all out here
- Meow Meow Tweet Bar Soaps ($13.50 - $24.50) - über cute packaging, ingredients that read like a kitchen recipe, long-lasting Face bars, Body bars, and supremely popular Shampoo (zero waste) bars. They even have a non-scented bar (no essential oils) for the most sensitive of skin
- Sleep Aromatherapy Roll On ($28.00) - even our youngest V-Spotter indulges in this treat(ment) at bed time. Lavender and Chamomile essential oils work to relax and unwind to encourage better sleep. Also doubles as a natural unisex perfume. #multitasker
Gift Sets - Makeup and Skincare
Who doesn't love receiving more than one gift!
- Au Naturale Makeup Kits ($35.95 - $70.00) - buying makeup for people is brave (almost as brave as buying clothes!). Au Naturale Cosmetics makes it easy with an array of colour and highlighting collections so you can go bold or subtle. Pure, non-toxic makeup with integrity in sourcing ingredients
- Makeup Diary Collections by Everyday Minerals ($45.00) - 7 eye shadow collections inspired by global cities all featuring 8 complementary colours and a double-ended applicator brush
- MuLondon Cleanser and Moisturiser Collections ($68.00 - $84.00) - cult UK brand featured in RuPaul's Drag Race UK is pure, natural, safe skincare suitable for the whole family. More than skin deep, MuLondon supports animal rights, environmental causes and the LGBTQI+ community
- Trio Set Facial Oils by RAAW by Trice ($97.50) - Another clean beauty favourite. Danish inspired, crafted in NYC. RAAW's trio of facial oils suit all skin types and is unisex. Handy on-the-go and travel sizes
- NOTO To Go Essentials Travel Kit ($175) - Glow on the go with 30ml mini versions of NOTO's complete skincare line. Presented in a 100% recycled cotton mini tote. Cult beauty brand - unisex, multi-use, minimalist
Almost Zero and Zero-Waste Options
Our precious earth appreciates any and all effort in reducing our footprint
- Meow Meow Tweet Stick Deodorant ($21.50) - deodorants are our biggest seller, and everyday more people join the natural pits revolution! So, natural deodorant as a gift is not considered offensive. You're not telling your loved one they smell. You're saving them from harmful deo's that mess with their body! Meow Meow Tweet stick deodorant's come in compostable, bio-degradable tubes so you're saving the earth as well ?
- grums Raw Coffee Skincare - luxe skincare created from recycled coffee grounds packaged in sugar-cane based, 100% recyclable packaging
- Tepla Jewellery - a line of handmade jewellery made exclusively for us! Slow and thoughtful jewellery production using traditional techniques with eco-friendly and recyclable Argentium Silver. Zero waste studio and powered by 100% green energy. Price range $110.00 - $160.00. Limited edition pieces!
If you're planning to go all out, may we suggest these beauties.
- Alexandra K 0.2 Mini Bag Faux Python ($315.00) - wear this beauty three ways: shoulder, cross body, clutch purse. The faux Python look never goes out of style and we love how it ups the drama with its gorgeous texture
- Brave GentleMan Shoes ($340.00 - $352.00) - despite the brand name, these shoes are unisex. BGM encompasses a slow fashion model investing in sustainable innovation, superior vegan materials and ethical production. And as a bonus, we're throwing in founder, Joshua Katcher's book Fashion Animals to the first 5 orders received. These books are valued at $70.00...actually probably worth more because they are personally autographed by Joshua!
- Orange Sauvage Body Oil by Vered Organic Botanicals ($150.00) - warm Coffee Bean, Neroli and fresh citrus create an intoxicating, luxurious body oil. The aroma is reminiscent of Orange Jaffa (Choc Orange). A sensuous aroma wonderful to use on you or your partner
- Votch Watch ($215.00 - $240.00) - vegan leather bands, Japanese movements, classic design, unisex accessory for everybody
- CLED Orca Earrings ($325.00 - $390.00) - CLED is brand new to The V Spot, as in just yesterday new! These beauties are the first pieces to be up in the store with plenty more to follow. CLED jewellery is all handmade ECO gems produced from discarded glass. Their mission is to upcycle waste to create one-of-a-kind treasures. Durable, high-quality, investment pieces
Give the gift of ethical choice this Christmas!
Our gift cards never expire. They are the perfect Christmas gift for anyone and ideal if you've left your shopping a little bit late. We can deliver these gift cards to the inbox of either you or your recipient at a date that suits. Just let us know in the order notes field
Fast Shipping – we process your order same day. FREE delivery for orders over $100 (Australia) and $250 (International).
Shop with confidence! Free return exchange shipping on clothing and shoes (Australia only)
All packaged with reused, recyclable and/or recycled materials.
Carbon Neutral Shipping