Oilixia Rose Quartz Gua Sha is an ancient beauty tool that originated in China. It is designed to stimulate micro-circulation, increase blood flow to the skin and aid in lymphatic drainage. Historically, the tool was scraped across skin to cause tissue damage in the belief this was beneficial. Thankfully, this is not our method or goal today! A particular and well thought out shape, with curves and contours designed for the different areas of the face, coupled with the quality of the stone, Oilixia Rose Quartz Gua Sha is an industry stand-out. Tone skin, firm and lift, smooth fine lines, and de-puff while enjoying a spa ritual at home. Use on face and entire body. The long flat edge is heavenly to use on backs and shoulders. Enlist the help of your special someone! Due to the natural variation in the stone, every Oilixia Rose Quartz Gua Sha tool is unique in colour, texture and pattern. Will differ from the images herein
How to use:
Oilixia has a number of informative video’s through IGTV. Check them out here but we have suggested instructions below, and before too long you’ll have your own routine!
Cleanse skin and apply facial oil. Start on one side of the face, applying 3-5 strokes per area
- Neck – use the long flat edge starting from the base of the neck pulling upwards towards the jawline
- Jawline – use the small round indents on the point of the tool, pulling along the jawline. Start at the chin and pull towards the ear
- Cheeks – use the long flat edge and swipe the Gua Sha from nose to ear
- Under eye – use the small point of the Gua Sha, and press it flat under your eye. Work your way from inner to outer, and be gentle!
- Brow – use the serrated edge and pull from inside to outside of the brow
- Forehead – use the serrated edge, holding the tool perpendicular to the skin. Rub the pointed edge vertically across any lines
- Hairline and Scalp – use the serrated edge and comb through the hairline
- Finish your session by using the long flat edge down the neck, starting under the ears to encourage lymphatic drainage
- Always clean your tool before and after use with a mild cleanser
- Use a facial oil or serum to maintain slip on the skin. You don’t want the tool to drag or catch the skin
- Use a pulling rather than pushing motion
- Enjoy the sensation and self-care ritual of this gorgeous tool!
Packaged in a cotton drawstring bag
Oilixia is a clean beauty brand inspired by adventure and nature. Celebrating rare botanical oils and extracts treasured by indigenous cultures for their natural beauty and potency, Oilixia is a small-batch, British-based producer of clean skincare that is free of parabens, synthetic fragrances, animal-derived ingredients and gluten. They work with local suppliers to source their star ingredients which supports their community and the local environment. All products are under 100ml making them travel friendly!